I have blog about this earlier but I found another article from a blogger too . Check it out :)
Taken from a blog > by Sarah Howard
Can a third person really ruin a strong relationship?
A third person can most definitely disrupt even the strongest relationships. In the game of love, there are no boundaries to the influence outsiders can have on our sentiments. I can give a very good scenario which defends my position that no relationship is safe from predatory third wheels.
I met my best friend about 4 years ago. We hit it off right away at one of the school sports, while we watched our kids play. She was married and had three children. I was hoping to have another child, and found that we shared a lot of common ground. I met her husband, and thought he was a nice guy. Boy, was I wrong!
Two years into our friendship, I became pregnant. It was a very exciting time for us girls, and we had another pregnant friend, so we were inseparable. I started visiting her home more, and taking her baby shopping with me. I noticed her husband would call many times during our outings. He would never have a good reason, and it always interrupted what we were doing. The calls were not need based or even normal. He would tell her their daughter was upset and not have a reason, or ask what time he should start the dishwasher, which was irrelevant. She always entertained his ridiculous, needy harassment. I secretly despised her ring tone for him, which burned through my skull like a hot iron.
All along, I suspected that he had issues with our friendship. The closer we got, the more the phone rang and rang. We couldn't even get two blocks away, before she would be wrapped up in apologies for not picking up his last call. A couple of times, she lied to him about not being available, but I never encouraged that. I was too scared to get on his bad side, for fear of him barring her from going out with me.
Finally, things got extremely tense. I would be respectful when my friend and I discussed his erratic behavior, and I didn't know how to tell her how pathetic he was without risking our friendship. Although she dubbed him "clingy," I could just nod and tell her I supported her. It was awful.
He finally confronted me when I was 8 months pregnant. He told me that he felt threatened by me and that he was jealous of my relationship with his wife. I thanked him for his candor, and promised to be as respectful of his boundaries as possible. I thought I was making progress with him, so I introduced him to my husband and tried the route of us being family friends. I thought that was pose less of a threat to him than the lone friendship between his wife and myself. I was wrong again.
My husband never cared for him, as he whined and acted insecure. He would discuss highly personal information with my husband that we couldn't even process, let alone comment on. He would have good moments, where he almost seemed human and other times he would act like a child throwing a tantrum.
When the time came for me to have my daughter, my best friend was by my side. She took my camera, and recorded the birth for my family. While watching the video for the first time, I felt disturbed. Her husband called her consistently through my labor and even the birth itself. One of the conversations she nonchalantly recorded involved child support with her ex-husband. Apparently, her husband thought my special day was a good time to bring up the family finances. My friend never stood up for my rights that day, and my memories of my daughter's birth include hours of conversations with her husband that should never have taken place. She just couldn't put her foot down and say "No."
Finally, the jealous, enraged husband made his final debut. Nine months after the birth, he began to place himself between me and my friend. He would make her feel awful for our relationship. When he lost his job due to an injury, he had his eye on her around the clock. I couldn't talk to her on the phone without his commentary in the background. The death blow came a month later, when my best friend went into a depression.
Like a well-orchestrated plan, the evil husband concocted lies that pitted me against his wife. He accused me of telling him she "Should have left him a long time ago." Unfortunately, she had to pick sides, and her spouse prevailed. He waited until she was around to become theatrical and loudly accuse me on the phone of trying to ruin their marriage. It got to a point where my friend was so upset, she quit taking my calls. I begged and pleaded for a fair trial. I needed her to know that we could work this out. I called week after week. He always intercepted the calls, and turned me away without letting me speak to my friend. My friendship disintegrated permanently.
The silence was broken about two months after the ordeal. I needed to say goodbye and I sought closure for my own peace of mind. I finally got her alone, which shocked me in itself. He called a multitude of times throughout our final goodbye, which cut my wounds even deeper, salting them with every slice. I didn't blame him while speaking to her. That was her husband, and I knew it was useless. I just said goodbye. She cried, and I knew she felt bad, but I had been abandoned. I had nobody to fall back on.
Her final thought was that perhaps our friendship had really isolated her from her husband and our parting was for the best. She believed him and I let her. I loved her, and a good friend knows when to say goodbye. I won't forget her though, and I will not allow this sort of thing to happen again without fighting back.

